Twitter Updates

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

winning young punks

so i made it through my first summer league ultimate game. i really wasn't so sure how i would fare, seeing as i haven't played ultimate since the stress-fractured leg four years ago. i didn't fall down or make a total arse of myself, so that's good, but i didn't actually touch the frisbee either (missed the one pass sent my way). i'm not terribly disappointed in myself, but i am wishing i were in better shape; which is what the whole frisbee thing is about. my team seems pretty cool. a couple of fellas i knew in a former life, and some i just "knew of" (story of my life in high school...knew of people, but wasn't really known myself). i was the only girl that showed up for the game, and it was looking like i was going to have to play the whole time to maintain the one-girl minimum; but the other team allowed us to use a couple of rookie guys to play in my place, which kept me from dying and throwing up the naked juice i chugged down right before the game started (BAD idea jeans).
so now i'm pooped to the max. i had a late junkish dinner, and i'm about to lie the old self down for a read and some sleepy time. tomorrow it's off to perryville with stacey to take her truck to the shop and to go swimming at the watershed. horray for summer.

No comments: