Twitter Updates

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

to school or not to school...that is the question

i am again at the decision crossroads. i've been thinking lately that maybe i won't go back for more school right after graduating (that's right people, just 4 months and one day till i'm a masta). i'm thinking i might like a break from the poverty of student life. it would be nice to live off of more than nine hundred dollars a month, to be able to go to the dentist (i've probably got a thousand cavities and definitely need my wisdom teeth out of this little mouth), to buy my own car and make the payments and insurance all by myself. all of those grown-up type things. i sure do like school, though. but how great would it be to make a serious dent in my student loans before taking on more schooling.
i just don't know! then there's the decision about where to get that salary-paying job. i'd love to get one in north carolina (then i'd be guaranteed in-state tuition when i do go to appalachian state)...and trevor would be more likely to find a job he loves. but i've got more contacts here.
so anyway, if you've got suggestions (or know of any non-counseling social workey jobs), give me a shout.

4 comments:

Leah Billings said...

Having a salary does have its benefits, but make sure you get a job that you'll like. Oh, and find it here in Arkansas. If you move, I'll miss you too much! :)

Elizabeth Spann said...

Oooooh... that's a tough one. I just don't know what to tell you. I love school too, and I think about it all the dang time. But I just don't have enough moolah at the point. So I totally feel your pain. You'll figure it out!

katandkarl said...

i say follow your gut, but if i were a 'consulting' type of person... carolina seems more in line with the LONG TERM PLAN.

Ellen said...

hey...you should apply to work here and work with me...having a master's is pretty sweet. just stay with that awhile, make some dough, live a little more of a stress free life.