Twitter Updates

Sunday, May 21, 2006

hi-atus


well folks, finishing up packing the apartment. we'll go to pick up the u-haul in about 20 minutes or so, and then it's even more madness to come. last night we discovered some icky stuff that tarzan couldn't keep down and i had to make an emergency run to kroger for cleaning supplies. then, after midnight, we realized we were pretty much out of boxes. gotta love packing up your pantry in plastic grocery bags (i knew i kept those for a reason). packing has gotten pretty creative. empty hangers in a bookbag. comforter stuffed into a bag way too small for it. trevor's car is already almost brimming with stuff too randomly packed to make sense for a moving truck. and did i mention that it will probably be me driving said truck up to batesville? never driven a 14-foot truck before, but i've really never driven trevor's car out of second gear. add to all of this that i've caught trevor's summer cold and i've got a bit of a tummy ache. oh, and that my family can't find the keys to the storage unit in which my washer and drier have been living. shite.

well, this will probably be my last post for awhile, seeing as i'll be in the great state of tennessee (and also pennsylvania) for 2 weeks. so i'll leave you with the above photo and this deep thought:
Sometimes, when I drive across the desert in the middle of the night, with no other cars around, I start imagining: What if there were no civilization out there? No cities, no factories, no people? And then I think: No people or factories? Then who made this car? And this highway? And I get so confused I have to stick my head out the window into the driving rain---unless there's lightning, because I could get struck on the head by a bolt. --jack handy

2 comments:

Chandle said...

Ha! Have fun, Brooke.

Leah Billings said...

Hurry home. I want to see the new house.