Twitter Updates

Thursday, June 29, 2006

friday eve my arse!

man, i don't think today could get any longer. i'm in hiatus right now on my board stuff and haven't started ANY grant writing, so i've just been researching and taking notes on foundations that fund in the areas i think i'm going to be applying in. bor-ring. i'm making all of these tedious lists, and i'll pobably never use them. but i really don't have anything else that i can really work on until next week when staff reports come rolling in...
i took my first sick day on tuesday because i thought i'd be cute wednesday and do some rockette-rockette kicks in between my jazz and ballet segments on my "dance it off" exercise video to boost my calorie-burning. yeah, i couldn't sit tuesday morning. my lower back hurt so bad, that standing and lying down were about all i could handle. which doesn't really work at a job where you sit at a desk all day. and so, today, my entire middle back is killing me, and now i'm all squirmy in my chair. i just want to go home...
i am really looking forward to the weekend, though. tomorrow i get my first salary paycheck ever! now that's cause for celebration (especially since we've totally depleted our "savings" and have no money). saturday we're going to little rock to "shop" for a ceremony/reception site. we've got appointments at the lafayette building (left), the manor house & gardens (below) and the albert pike hotel (last...though i don't think i'll have that bride there!). then we're off to perry for will's birthday party...old married man! hopefully i can get in a swim at the watershed on sunday and some sushi at some point...

4 comments:

Chandle said...

I feel your pain. Weeding the forest makes your back hurt too. Good luck with wedding shopping. I absolutely hate the stuff. David wants a potluck for Christ's sake.

Unknown said...

are you having to have the "yes, you'll probably need to wear shoes" talk over and over, too?

Elizabeth Spann said...

Congrats on the engagement, Brooke!

Leah Billings said...

Yea! I'm glad you found some places to consider. They all look nice from the photos. Hopefully one of them will be THE place. Good luck!