Twitter Updates

Monday, April 04, 2005

up in flames

baaaaahhhhh! spring break is so over, and it's killing me. sometimes i wish it didn't even exist...it's so much harder to go back than it would have been just to plug along. rather than doing schoolwork i am (of course) watching supernanny. wow, i hope my kids aren't like that.
yesterday was great. trevor and i went out to the stifft station community garden to claim a spot. we weeded and cleared, turned under the soil, built beds and planted. to top it off we made a fabulous portabella mushroom dinner with new potatoes and salad. it was the most fulfilling day i've had in quite some time. but now it's hard not to want to be there ALL the time. i'm unbelievably ready for summer, and i've got 5 weeks of school left! yikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this isn't directly in reply to your post but I wanted to say hi nonetheless..and I didnt know you were in graduate school for social work at UALR. Finishing up in December here..and I cannot wait! Took comps today and they were a killer..sucks to be me:) Have you done any field work yet, internship I mean? If so, where? Just curious:) You look like you are doing very very well! Sorry been so long since we've talked:) I'll be sure to check in on your blog as much as possible:)

Anonymous said...

Well little Brooke, I am amazed at your honesty. I am glad to know that you are still a TV junky (like the rest of it). As for the family dysfunction, I say embrass who you are and move on. We cannot change the past, but we can shape the future. I love you. Lets do dinner soon. Erica